Well this isn't much of an update as I hit a wall of knitting math! My sweater is the Breakwater by Cecily Glowik MacDonald from Winged Knits. She has some pretty good instructions in the pattern if only I can remember if I'm on an increase row or knit row. I was working away at a good clip when I realized I had not counted stitches for awhile. When I counted I realized that I was terribly off.
So instead of ripping out I just fixed the amount of stitches on the next row. After knitting a bit more I realized that I had not actually counted all the stitches.... so I sat it to the side for time when I had a whole brain and a calculator. This combination did not come together until the Sat after Thanksgiving. :) I think everything is now even and correct. I did not rip back just evened things up and am praying that it will all turn out alright. Maybe by the next update I will have a body done!